San Jose Sharks Careers
We Are Team Teal
Sharks Sports & Entertainment (Sharks) is the parent company of the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League, San Jose Barracuda of the American Hockey League, and oversees all areas of operation and management of the city-owned SAP Center at San Jose the premier sports and entertainment venue in Santa Clara County. Additionally, San Jose Sharks oversees management and operation for three public Ice facilities located throughout the Bay Area; Sharks Ice at San Jose which includes the new, state-of-the-art Tech CU Arena, Sharks Ice at Fremont, and the Oakland Ice Center. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the Sharks employ 300+ full-time employees and 1,250+ total during events. Collectively, this group of hard-working professionals is known as Team Teal.
San Jose is the birthplace of Silicon Valley — From yesterday's agricultural roots to today's tech giants, we continue to drive innovation, enterprise, and growth.
San Jose is the third largest city in California and the 11th largest city in the United States. In San Jose, you'll get the best of big city amenities — sports, arts, dining, shopping, and urban vitality — along with the Northern California lifestyle — active, green, and healthy. The city been named one of the best places to live for families. With more than 300 days of sunshine annually, San Jose is the place to be.
- Home to 250+ restaurants and cafes serving a variety of cuisines
- 40+ cultural venues Downtown
- Easy access to transit including rails and SJC airport
- Close proximity to beaches, mountains, and other recreation
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
At Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications — in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
- Focus on problem-solving
- Understand how we connect to and with each other
- Stay the course
DI&B is key to our growth aspirations as we increasingly focus our efforts on new-to-Sharks audiences and expanding ice sports in our communities. DI&B is about making better, smarter decisions in consideration of more perspectives, and communicating what comes next in a space where all individuals are authentically listened to, engaged with, as well as participate as co-creators of culture and camaraderie.
- The Sharks Foundation is the official charitable arm of the San Jose Sharks and is dedicated to enhancing the lives of underserved youth and families in the community with an emphasis in the areas of education, health and safety, and character development. Since its 1994 inception, the Sharks Foundation has donated nearly $20 million to local organizations. Click here to review the Community Annual Report. For more information visit SharksFoundation.org.
- The Sharks Foundation, Community Relations, and Community Programs & Mascot Operations teams support Bay Area non-profits, schools, and community groups.
- As members of Team Teal, we have opportunities throughout the year to volunteer our time at local community groups and events.
2022/2023 Season by the Numbers
$20MLifetime commitments to date
San Jose Sharks offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, with programs and resources designed to promote and sustain personal health, well-being, and the financial objectives of employees and their loved ones. Please note, different benefits or perks may be offered to frontline and union employees.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, Dental, Vision (with HSA options)
- FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Limited Purpose, Transportation, & Parking)
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long-term disability and care plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- 401k with 4% match for eligible employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance Discounts
- 12 weeks paid family leave and pregnancy loss leave
- At least 10 paid holidays per year
- Seasonal wellness days
- Unlimited PTO; vacation and sick time for non-exempt employees
- Free access to on-site Volta EV charging stations on non-event days
- Participation in the current Sharks and Barracuda Employee ticket program
- Access to SAP Center and TechCU shows and events on an “as available” basis
- Free parking during working hours and events
- Merchandise, event-day, and food and beverage (non-alcoholic) discounts
- Access to certain promotional giveaways